CILA invites attorneys, legal staff, and social services staff working on children’s and youth’s immigration cases to sign up to receive CILA’s monthly newsletter, Champions for Immigrant Youth. CILA historically emailed the newsletter to CILA’s listservs for practitioners based in Texas. CILA continues to send the newsletter to those who are a part of CILA’s Texas-focused listservs, and CILA additionally welcomes advocates from across the nation to sign up for CILA’s newsletter. Simply complete this short survey if you would like to receive CILA’s newsletter.
CILA’s newsletter helps advocates stay up to date on the ever-changing landscape of immigration law. The newsletter is categorized into five sections:
- Celebrate: To share celebrations from advocates and CILA
- Connect: To provide opportunities to attend CILA working group meetings, webinars, and events
- Learn: To uplift new resources created by CILA and others, share relevant news, and give tips and tools in CILA’s social work corner
- Updates: To learn about agency policy changes, see recent final action dates for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS), and highlight litigation updates
- Community: To be in community together and to invite you to stay in contact with CILA
This month, CILA updated the look of its monthly newsletter and launched a monthly blog post series on Litigation Updates including case summaries of decisions from the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the Supreme Court. The blog posts can be found here, and starting next month, CILA plans to also include the blog post series on CILA’s Online Library webpage so all blog posts in the series can be viewed together.