CILA Social Work Webinar
Register Here This webinar, offered by CILA’s Social Work Program and featuring guest speaker Attorney Ana Moraga Archila of KIND, will provide guidance to
This webinar, offered by CILA’s Social Work Program and featuring guest speaker Attorney Ana Moraga Archila of KIND, will provide guidance to social services and legal professionals on how to effectively engage with and advocate for detained and released immigrant youth who identify as LGBTQ+. This webinar intends to build upon information provided in CILA’s June 2022 webinar titled Best Practices for Serving LGBTQ+ Unaccompanied Youth, found here.
During this webinar, the following topics will be covered and there will be time set aside for questions.
• Guidance and tips for advocates on how to support and engage with LGBTQIA+ youth.
• Guidance and tips for advocates on how to ask and explore sexual orientation and gender identity questions with youth.
• Guidance and examination of barriers to services and tips on how navigate these challenges with LGBTQ+ youth.
• Guidance and examination of intersectionality of religion and the challenges that could deter the youth from self-acceptance and help from others.
• Guidance and examination of legal rights and relief available to LGBTQ+ youth.
• Guidance and examination of ethical considerations and tips on how to navigate
Mireya Beltré, Managing Social Worker, ABA CILA in Houston
Marissa Barrera, Social Worker, ABA CILA In Houston
Ana Moraga Archila, Supervising Attorney, KIND in San Francisco