Register Here The ABA Children’s Immigration Law Academy (CILA) invites you to join us as experts from the National Immigration Litigation Alliance (NILA)
The ABA Children’s Immigration Law Academy (CILA) invites you to join us as experts from the National Immigration Litigation Alliance (NILA) discuss motions to rescind in absentia removal orders before the immigration judge (IJ) and appealing denials to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and circuit courts. During this training, NILA will be discussing issues specifically relating to in absentia removal orders, including:
• the standards under which IJs can issue in absentia removal orders;
• the consequences of in absentia removal orders;
• how individuals can seek rescission of in absentia removal orders based on exceptional circumstances and/or lack of notice;
• options for individuals who received an in absentia removal order after:
o not receiving oral notice of the consequences of failing to appear, or
o arriving late to their court dates; and
• how to obtain federal court review of an in absentia removal order.
Speakers will include:
Trina Realmuto, Executive Director, NILA
Kristin Macleod-Ball, Senior Staff Attorney, NILA
CILA has requested Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE in the amount of 1.5 participatory hours of credit.