CILA’s Social Work Program and guest speaker Attorney Ana Moraga Archila of KIND, provided guidance to social services and legal professionals on how to effectively engage with and advocate for detained and released immigrant youth who identify as LGBTQ+. This webinar built upon information provided in CILA’s June 2022 webinar titled Best Practices for Serving LGBTQ+ Unaccompanied Youth, found here.
The following topics were covered:
- Guidance and tips for advocates on how to support and engage with LGBTQIA+ youth.
- Guidance and tips for advocates on how to ask and explore sexual orientation and gender identity questions with youth.
- Guidance and examination of barriers to services and tips on how navigate these challenges with LGBTQ+ youth.
- Guidance and examination of intersectionality of religion and the challenges that could deter the youth from self-acceptance and help from others.
- Guidance and examination of legal rights and relief available to LGBTQ+ youth.
- Guidance and examination of ethical considerations and tips on how to navigate them.
We would love your feedback on this webinar!
Click the link below to fill out a survey and let us know your thoughts.
July 13, 2023
- Mireya Beltré, Managing Social Worker, ABA CILA in Houston
- Marissa Barrera, Social Worker, ABA CILA In Houston
- Ana Moraga Archila, Supervising Attorney, KIND in San Francisco
This training is approved by the State Bar of TX for 1.50 participatory hours of CLE credit until 06/30/2024.
Upon completion of the webinar, please complete the survey below to either obtain the CLE course # that you can use to self-report your credit to the State Bar of Texas or request a letter certifying attendance for attorneys licensed outside of Texas and DOJ Accredited Representatives.