A recent article by the ABA Journal, “Meet the two Texas attorneys behind the Children’s Immigration Law Academy,” features Dalia Castillo-Granados, CILA’s Director, and Yasmin Yavar, CILA’s Deputy Director, along with sharing the CILA origin story and how far CILA has come since the organization started in 2015. Read the article here.
CILA is a project of the American Bar Association’s Commission on Immigration. CILA is a capacity building organization and provides several key services including answering technical assistance questions, providing trainings, hosting working groups, and creating written resources. CILA expanded several services this year to reach a national audience.
CILA welcomes you to learn more and to be part of the CILA community.
- Request technical assistance (advocates can ask legal questions and/or social services questions).
- Attend a CILA training or working group meeting.
- Check out CILA’s resources.
- View current cases in need of pro bono representation on CILA’s platform, Pro Bono Matters for Children Facing Deportation.
- Sign up for a CILA newsletters: Champions for Immigrant Youth (monthly newsletter for advocates) and/or Pro Bono Matters(quarterly newsletter for pro bono attorneys and others who want to follow our work).